Tuesday, March 25, 2008

and so the journey begins...

Notice how little "comfort" actually is provided by comfort foods
compared to the misery of being fat?

~ Michael Nelson, INC 21 server guy

These are the words that I finally started my diet with today. To give you a brief background, skinny is a word that tends to describe the opposite of who I am. Even as a baby I weighed in a whopping 8 and some lbs (most babies weigh around 6). Losing weight is an intransitive verb that could probably sum up the entire purpose of my life so far. Weight watchers, Atkins, personal trainer, you name it and I can assure you I have done it and yet here I am still "losing weight".
My parents seem to think that the best solution would be to use my hard-earned (trust me if you were working where I do, you would underline that word too) money to pay for professional weight loss services but considering that weight loss has almost become a sort of career for me, I figure I could probably teach the (usually skinny from birth and never had to struggle with weight loss) professionals, a thing or two.
Not that I have anything against skinny people, but it just seems unfair that I didn't get much of say in the genetics that determined my body type, and yet I have to suffer the consequences.
Winding down the basic point of this self-deprecating first post is that I have finally launched an offensive against the genes in my DNA. As of today, I am an official Low Carber or as my sister affectionately likes to say, I am now an official Royal Bengal Cub (my father being the Royal Bengal Tiger, of course).
Now all I have to do is give up chocolate (which in my opinion is better than sex), sugar (I feel the withdrawal symptoms already), rice (I am Indian, need I say more) and go to the gym (have I mentioned that laziness was a genetic gift to me as well, they had to cut me out of my mother's womb because I was a post-mature baby and arrived 10 days after the due date, my initially clean shaven dad had a full blown beard by then to prove it.)
Long story short, 1 down and 364 days more to go…wish me luck!

No comments: