Tuesday, April 8, 2008

cover letter for all my future employers

Hi,

My name, you see, is Arinha Dey,

Myspace sent me looking your way.

I am told that you are searching for

The one, who online, will help you soar

So here I am telling you

That even though I know not much,

I am very good at research.

I browse the internet daily,

For facts and fun equally.

I also write incessantly,

Stories about people and places mostly.

I went to school to be a doctor,

But holding someone’s life in my hand,

Was a task, I was sure, I could not withstand.

For a while, then, I soul searched

Far, near and in many places of the earth.

One day my luck finally ran out,

The bank called I was broke and in a rut.

I looked for jobs but they were all in a lab,

And that I felt would be a drab.

At long last I found a job,

Affiliate manager is what it was called.

I had no clue what the hell that meant,

All I thought was “yaay money for rent”

But through my work, I discovered a world

That let me dream, write, browse and learn.

I blogged, I browsed, I designed

And slowly I started converting.

Search engines, banners, landing pages, EPCs

Terms I had never even heard of,

Were now a part of my everyday words.

I have a blog you may read if you wish (http://mooooftheday.blogspot.com/),

Just a place I use to unload my stress.

It doesn’t get much traffic or readers yet you see

But I am learning and improving quickly.

I see you do many cool things,

Blinklist, Clickmuse and other such money making machines.

I have some experience that my resume will detail

But I wish to learn much more,

And with your support I hope to prevail.

Please do let me know,

If there is anything I can help you do.

A chance is all I am asking for

To grow but mostly to grow with you.

Sincerely,

Arinha Dey

No comments: